Monday, August 23, 2010

Fix your eyes on JESUS!!!

Hebrews 12:2a

Let  us fix our eyes on JESUS the author & perfecter of our faith.

Just got the weekly e-newsletter from Women of Faith. The devotional was on Hebrews 12:2---about fixing our eyes on Jesus. It made me laugh because I just got back from Haiti & the whole time I was in Haiti...this is the verse that I felt the Lord was putting on my heart. He even brought a story to mind of a few years back when I was learning how to drive. My brother gave me great advice. He said that I should focus straight ahead rather than focusing right in front of my car. His advice helped me stop swerving so bad. Well, life is like that as well. While we are supposed to be aware of what's going on around us, we are not meant to focus on our current situations. We are to fix our gaze straight ahead---on Jesus! 

Last night, I decided that I was going to put this verse on my wall, so that as I opened my eyes in the morning---this would be the verse I see. My original plan was to do something big & grand...but since it was already past 11pm, I knew that a piece of paper, markers, & 4 strips of tape would have to do :)

Anyways, I just thought that was so neat how God does things like that...you know...speak to us & confirm it several times. hehehe. We serve an AWESOME God!

No comments: