Saturday, January 24, 2009

Amazing Grace


how awesome is God's grace!
meant for & given to someone like me
wicked & messed up,
foolish & washed up
 I ran

ran away
left His covering to go astray
 I ran

ran away
until i could deny it no longer
 I was lost
no idea where i was, or where i was going
I was blind
scales upon on these eyes
no one around to hear the cries
I was blind
blind to my own sins
numb to the pain & torment within

I ran
ran away
had to find a place to hide
all because of a thing called pride
running so fast to flee from my shame
until at last, I called HIS NAME

2 comments:

mt said...

hmmm...
i think it would be nice if i put some chords on it...

what do u think?
ur the one who composed it and i'll be the one on melody..

hehe...
sounds like music and lyrics

hannah leah said...

hehehe. i've never thought of it as lyrics, but if you want to...you may :)